Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Trip to Michigan

Hank, Matt and I went to the Straits of Mackinaw in Michigan to celebrate Hop and Nana's retirement.  We had a great week with everyone and enjoyed the cool weather of the Great Lakes.   The highlight of the trip was walking the five miles across the Mackinaw Bridge.  

Hank looking out from the Mackinaw City Lighthouse.

Hank and Dad walking across the Mackinaw Bridge.   We joined 40,000 other people for this Labor Day event.

Hop and Nana on the Mackinaw Bridge.  We started the walk at 7:00 a.m. for a beautiful sunrise.

Hank, Nana, and JP waiting for the ferry to Mackinaw Island.

Stark Baby #2 is definitely growing and will be ready to make an appearance in 9 weeks.

Family picture on the Grand Hotel front porch.   

Hank and JP playing chess on the front porch of the Grand Hotel.


Hank and JP checking out all of the horses from the Grand Hotel.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey ol' roomie! Thought I'd visit your blog since I haven't done so in a LONG time. I can't believe how big Hank is and that you are expecting #2!!! Congrats! I definitely need to get better at staying in touch. It's so great that you were all able to get together to celebrate your dad's retirement. Their retirement house looks absolutely gorgeous! Where is it? I'll be sure to stop by your blog more often!